Moving on to the 5th post in our GET FIT series.
Hope you guys liked the Mango Chia pudding I shared a couple of days ago. Here is another flavour using the fruit of the season… Cherries.
You will be making two bowls of chia this time to get the classic Blackforest flavours- Chocolate, Vanilla & Cherry.
Cherries helps prevent Cardiovascular diseases, its rich in anti-ageing properties & antioxidants. Its also helps fight Insomnia. Cocoa powder helps lower risks of heart diseases, elevates your mood and provides a good doze of magnesium & flavanols.
Top with your favourite sugar free muesli & you have a healthy chocolate heaven even when on a diet.
Blackforest Chia Pudding
- Milk 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp muesli
- 3/4 cup cherries
How is it made
- Mix 3/4 cup milk with 1 tbsp honey & the cocoa powder.
- Add in half of the chia seeds- cover & let it sit overnight.
- Mix the remaining milk & honey with the chia seeds – cover & let it sit overnight
- Remove the seeds from the cherries, take 1/2 cup cherries & squash them with a fork.
- Add 4 tbsp plain chia pudding to it & mix well.
- To assemble- add 1/2 of the chocolate chia to a cup, next comes the cherry chia followed by the plain chia.
- Spoon 1 tbsp muesli on top.
- Finally top with chopped cherries & serve.