Presenting the 4th recipe in our GET FIT series.
So yes, its been 4 days since we guys have started our clean eating diet…. we are having a healthy breakfast, a nutritious lunch & a light dinner. But what about our shaam ki chai?? What are you doing for that? Love your chai & miss those mathis and fried namkeen? Fret not… these multigrain chips are flavourful, crispy and go perfect with your chai. Make a batch and this will easily last you a week.
This particular recipe uses regular wholewheat flour, Corn Flour (Makki ka atta) & Besan ie Gram flour. Corn is an excellent source of Vitamin B12 & Folic acid. It also keeps you fuller for longer, so a few chips go a long way. Besan or Gram flour is rich in protein, iron, magnesium and Vitamin B6. Coupled with our all time favourite wholewheat flour aka Atta which gives us iron, thiamin, and is rich in fibre… these baked chips are a great healthy alternative to store bought diet snacks.
Baked Multigrain Masala Chips
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 cup Corn Flour/ Makki ka Atta
- 1 cup Besan/ Gram flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp haldi/ turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/6 baking soda
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
How to make it
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Next mix in the oil and rub the dough together.
- Now knead a smooth firm dough using the water. Cover & let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust a kitchen countertop with flour.
- Divide the dough into 2 and generously dust flour.
- Roll out into a rectangle of 1-2mm thickness.
- Use a knife to cut into strips or rectangles.
- Place on a greased baking tray & Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before transferring to an airtight jar.
- These will stay at room temperature for 5-6 days.