Who doesn’t like soft and fluffy Sabudana Vadas. Lets make them a little more healthy and nutritious by adding a little spinach and coriander to it.
These Hariyali Sabudana Vadas are the perfect way to snack during navratras and taste amazing with some green chutney and curd. Go on, give it a try!
Hariyali Sabudana Vada
- 1 cup sabudana/ tapioca pearls
- 1 cup potatoes
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- Rock salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 cup roasted groundnuts- coarsely ground
- Groundnut Oil for deep frying
How to make it
- Wash 1 cup sabudana/tapioca pearls in 2 cups water.
- Drain the water and add in 2 cups fresh water. Let the sabudana soak for 3-4 hours.
- The sabudana will become plump and soft.
- Boil and mash 1 cup of potatoes and set aside.
- Next blanch a 1/2 cup spinach in hot water and then dunk in ice cold water. Strain and squeeze out all the water.
- In a blender jar add in 1/4 cup coriander leaves, the blanched spinach, 4-5 green chillies, 1 inch ginger- grind to a fine paste.
- In a large bowl mix together the soaked sabudana, potatoes, green paste, groundnuts,1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder and rock salt as per taste.
- Mix well and form into small tikkis.
- Deep fry on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Alternatively you can air fry till crisp.
- Serve hot.