Let the Easter weekend begin!
Carrots, eggs and bunnies and the hope of a new beginning. Ringing in the easter cheer with these Carrot Shaped Bread cones with a mushroom filling.
Soft bread shaped into a carrot, filled with a creamy mushroom filling and some coriander stalks to finish.
These are sure to be the cutest dish on your dinner table! Do give them a try this weekend.. they are super easy to make.
Carrot Shaped Bread Cones
- 2 cups all purpose flour/ wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter
How to make it
- -In a large mixing bowl, mix together all purpose flour/ wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in oil and curd and rub the flour well.
- Knead a soft dough using lukewarm water for a minimum of 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased bowl , cover and allow to rise for a couple of hours.
- Punch a hole in the dough to deflate it. Allow to stand for 10 mins.
- make cones with some foil and use them as your mould.
- Roll out small strips of dough around the cone and secure the edges with some water.
- Brush them with a mix of sugar and milk and place on a baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C for 12-15 mins till the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and Brush some butter on top and cover with a damp cloth.
- once cool remove the foil from inside and fill with any stuffing of choice- be it an egg salad or some pizza stuffing.
- Bake for 5 minutes and serve hot.