I am a huge huge fan of Chia puddings for various reasons. They are super healthy, absolute breeze to prepare and they always taste soo soo good.
I have been experimenting a lot with the flavours I can incorporate in the Chia pudding and I’m in love with this version.
Blueberries are extremely nutritious as they are packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, they are high in potassium and vitamin C as well. Blueberries are also known to lower our risk of heart diseases and cancer, and have anti-inflammatory properties as well.
I have coupled it with coconut milk and walnuts which are a good source of healthy fats.
Have it as your breakfast bowl or as an after meal dessert, its perfect for both.
Blueberry Coconut Chia pudding
- 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried Blueberries
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1 cup milk/ almond milk/ soy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 + 3 tsp white chia seeds
- Handful of walnuts
How is it made
- In a bowl soak the dried blueberries in the warm water & let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the dries berries and add in a blender jar.
- Add 2/3rd of the fresh blueberries and stevia and blend until smooth.
- Empty into a bowl and mix in the normal milk and 1/4 cup chia seeds.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then give it a stir and then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 tsp chia seeds with the coconut milk, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, give both the chia puddings a good stir.
- To serve divide the blueberry chia into 2 bowls, top with the coconut chia.
- Finish off with some fresh blueberries and walnuts.
- Serve immediately.