There are like a gazillion brownie recipes out there, each claiming to be the best. I myself have tried around 15-18 of them… and over all these trials I have finally perfected the best fudgy brownie with a cracked glossy top.
The key to a good brownie is in using the best quality dark chocolate you can find and the freshest butter.
This is a fudgy brownie and if you are more fond of a cakey brownie just add 1/3 cup more of flour. And yes… you need to allow the brownie to sit and cool completely once its cooked as it has a lot of butter and chocolate. You want to allow it to set before we cut into it. Also… the brownie will sink in from the centre, its normal don’t fret. Additionally, I like my brownies without any nuts, so you can add a handful of walnuts for the added crunch.
This is an eggy variant, if you wish to convert it to an eggless one, just substitute the eggs with 2/3 cup of thick hung curd and 1/4 tsp baking powder.
Feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions.
- 250gm Unsalted Butter
- 250gm Dark chocolate
- 3 eggs- at room temperature (or 2/3 cup greek yoghurt +1/4 tsp baking powder)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
How is it made
- In a big bowl add the butter & chocolate. Place on a pan of boiling water and allow to melt. Set aside to cool.
- Line a 9 inch square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs(yoghurt) and sugar till light & airy.
- Add in the vanilla & espresso powder to the chocolate mix and stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Carefully mix together the chocolate with the eggs and sugar.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix carefully, do not over-mix the batter.
- Pour into the lined pan.
- Top with the nuts if you are using any.
- Bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes.
- Then allow to cool on a wire rack while still in the cake tin-takes around 2 hours.
- Once cool, remove from the tin and cut into 9 equal squares and serve.
- Top with some nutella if you wish.