Middle Eastern Food has a lot common with our Indian Food. It uses the similar combination of spices and pulses and has the same depth of flavour as our classic Indian Food.
I absolutely love hummus. I feel its the best protein packed dish that one can enjoy even when watching ones diet. It has a balanced nutritive value wherein it provides you adequate amounts of carbs, proteins and fat.
There are various variations of Hummus. You can find peri peri hummus, tandoori hummus, black olive hummus, beetroot hummus… the choices are endless.
What I am sharing with you today has all the flavours of a classic hummus like tahini, garlic, lemon & olive oil. This is a cheats version of hummus, as we do not use tahini and use boiled white chana with red chilli powder.
Enjoy these with a hearty pita or crispy lavash. I even like to add it to my salads and sandwiches as its so healthy. Make a bowl and enjoy this yummy treat.
- 1 cup boiled white chana( you can use canned chana as well)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika/ red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tbsp water
How is it made
- In a small pan, toast the sesame seeds on low flame till fragrant- takes around 30-40 seconds.
- Add this to a blender jar along with garlic, green chillis and 1/2 of the chana.
- Blitz well till all the sesame seeds are ground.
- Now add in the remaining ingredients and blend in the mixer till nice & smooth.
- To serve you can also drizzle some olive oil & roasted cumin powder on top.