What are summers without icecream? In our home our go to favourites are- Blackcurrant, Chickoo, Tender Coconut and Strawberry Banana. Yes… we are not big fans of chocolate flavoured ice-creams.
As the pandemic has taken a toll on everything around us… At our home we have been avoiding eating anything from outside. So to satiate our cravings for the tender coconut icecream from Naturals, I whipped up a batch myself.
Surprisingly its super simple and requires just 4 ingredients. It also does not require any churning once ready and results in a super creamy batch of icecream. This ice-cream is not supposed to be very sweet, and the coconut lends it that natural sweetness.
Some handy tips for this recipe-
- Use chilled ingredients,
- Keep the cream, whisk & bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before you start whisking
- If your freezer temperature is not too low, the icecream will require greater freezing time.
- To avoid ice crystals give the ice-cream a good whisk after 1 hour of freezing.
Do give it a try and let me know how it turned out.
Tender Coconut Icecream
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup tender coconut pulp
How is it made
- Chill the cream in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream till you get soft peaks.
- Add in sugar gradually and keep whipping.
- Add in the coconut milk 2 tbsp at a time & keep whipping.
- You will get a soft smooth fluffy mix.
- Chop the coconut pulp into small chunks and carefully fold into the mix
- Transfer to a freezer safe airtight container and freeze on max cooling for 5-6 hours.
- Scoop and serve.