The 3rd recipe in our GET FIT series.
Dosa is such a widely loved dish and so versatile as well. You can have it for any meal or snack. Today we will be making Ragi Dosa. Now there are various recipes out there to make Ragi Dosa, but mine uses no oil(when using non-stick tawa) & it does not necessarily require a filling. Its crisp & when coupled with a spicy green chilli-ginger-coriander chutney it is sure to satiate your taste buds. You can add an onion-paneer filling in it so that it remains low calorie or else have with the usual Potato masala. Its perfect either way.
Now why did I choose Ragi to make Dosa? Simple- Ragi is yet another super food. It helps maintain our bone health, is rich in fibre, calcium & Vitamin D, keeps our blood sugar low, manages our cholesterol and my favourite- it helps to reduce weight. Ragi is also known as Nachini and Finger Millet. It is easily available as a flour everywhere and is perfect to add to our roti’s or to make breads.
And yes… did I mention that it keeps us fuller for longer? So its the perfect weight loss meal.
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 1/3 cup sooji/rawa
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup curd
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
How to make it
- Add all the ingredients to a mixer jar & churn till you get a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick tawa, spread 1/2 tsp oil with a tissue paper. Now sprinkle some water on the tawa.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly.
- Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes or till crispy.
- Gently scrape from the tawa, fold into half & Serve Hot.