So this is the first in the series of my GET FIT recipes. We all know the benefits of whole grains and how nutritious they are. Today we are using JOWAR, also called Sorghum. Jowar is gluten free, rich in fibre, its an excellent source of Protein, helps control blood sugar, increases our Immunity & aids in digestion. I have coupled it with Soya Nutri Granules, which again is an excellent source of protein.
Its the prefect dish for Breakfast, enjoy it as it is or with a bowl of sambar. Do try it & let me know how it turned out.
- 1 cup Jowar Meal/ Whole Jowar
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tbsp groundnuts
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida/hing
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup soya nutri granules
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 3 1/3 cup water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful of coriander leaves chopped
How is it Made
- Grind the Jowar to a coarse powder.
- Heat the oil, add in the groundnuts & sauté for 10 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds & sauté for 5 seconds.
- Add the onions & sauté for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the ginger & sauté for another 5 seconds.
- Next add the carrots & sauté for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the hing & curry leaves & sauté for 5-10 seconds
- Now add the soya nutri granules & sauté for 15-20 seconds.
- Add in the Jowar powder & saute for 30-40 seconds.
- Add in the Salt.
- add the water & give it a good stir.
- Squeeze half a lemon & mix well. Cover & let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. Gently give it a stir once in between.
- After 12 minutes, add the coriander leaves & mix well.
- Serve Immediately.