There is something surreal about having south Indian delicacies for breakfast. They have the perfect combination of carbs, protein and fat and thus keep you full for longer!
In our home, we personally love recipes that can be whisked up in a jiffy on busy mornings but keep us going till lunch.
These rawa appams are one of them. They require minimal prep and are ready in no time.
Serve them with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup and everyone will love them.
They also make for a great after-school snack!
Find the recipe video on our youtube channel.
- 1 cup rawa/sooji/semolina
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp roasted cumin/zeera powder
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp fruit salt/ eno
- Oil to grease the pan
How it is made
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil & eno in a bowl . Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat an appam pan on low flame and brush lightly with some oil.
- Add the fruit salt/eno into the mix and mix quickly.
- Now spoon into the appam cavities and quick on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip using a spatula and cover and cook on low for 1 minute.
- Spoon them out of the pan and Serve immediately with some coconut chutney.