So often it happens that I feel like making rawa dosa or appam but don’t have fresh coconut to make a chutney to go with it. Especially for those times I always keep some dry/desiccated coconut at home.
This chutney is super super easy and yet it does not compromise on flavour… at all!
So next time when you are making some good dosa , idli or appam you know how to make a quick fix chutney.
The best part about it, you can make it in small batches as you do not use the entire coconut.
View the recipe video here
Instant Coconut Chutney
For the chutney
- 1 cup dry/desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup warm water
For the tadka
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli
- 4-5 curry leaves crushed
How to make it
- Combine all the things for the chutney in a blender jar.
- Blitz in the blender till its all combined and nice and smooth.
- Heat the oil in a small pan for the tadka, add the mustard seeds and red chilli and sauté till the seeds sputter.
- Add the curry leaves and sauté for 2-3 seconds.
- Pour the tadka on the chutney and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight jar in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.