Its a been a while since I wrote something…and frankly I have no clue why on this earth do I put off writing. Although I have resolved to write atleast one post each week…
So now about this recipe… this is a classic Italian pasta that Me and my Sister have altered as per our preferences. I don’t guarantee authentic Italian Recipe… but what I can guarantee is that the Indian Palate will love it.
Do give this one a try and drop by your experience in the comments.
White Sauce Pasta
- 4 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large onion sliced
- 200gm mushroom sliced
- 1 large capsicum sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil or small bunch of fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp flour(maida)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheese( I use cheddar)
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
- 250 gm Pasta
- 6 -7 cups Water to boil the pasta
How it is made
- Bring to boil the water and drop the pasta in it. Allow to boil till the pasta is cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- While the pasta is boiling, in a separate pan melt the butter mad add the garlic, sauté for 30 seconds
- Add the onion and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the mushrooms and the basil. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the capsicum next and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add the Flour and sauté for another 30 seconds
- Add the milk and bring to boil.
- Once it boils, simmer the gas and add the cheese, stir well till the cheese melts.
- Now add the mayonnaise, salt and Chilli Flakes.
- Add the Boiled pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
PS: adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding more milk as per your liking.