As all my readers know… I am a vegetarian—or I should say an Egg-eaterian😉
My experiments with Meat/poultry started post marriage as my husband just loves it! Over the past 3 years I have mastered quite a few dishes and will be sharing with you shortly!
One such dish is a humble mutton curry! This version is a blend of a recipe prepared by my Mother-in-law and my own recipe! You might ask..why the mix? Well- cause this version does not require any tiresome sautéing of onions and tomatoes and cooks to a tender perfection!
Do try this over the coming weekend and in case you have any questions do drop a message!
Recipe also on our YouTube channel
- 1 tsp zeera/ cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Deghi/ Kashmiri mirch powder ( Chilli)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 kg Mutton Pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 cups water
- Corriander leaves to garnish
How its Made
- In a pressure cooker heat the oil
- Add the cumin seeds and onion and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add Coriander powder, Turmeric, Chilli and stir well
- Drop in the mutton and stir again so that all the mutton pieces are covered on the masala
- Add the salt and 2 cups water and pressure cook for one whistle
- Add the tomato puree, garam masala, Cardamom powder and cinnamon powder and 1 cup water and simmer covered for 10 minute- stirring it occasionally in between.
- Add 1 cup water and simmer covered for 10 minutes or till the mutton is tender – stirring it occasionally in between.
- Add 1- 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Serve Immediately garnished with Coriander leaves- had best with rice and roti!