Baking cakes has always been a very relaxing thing for me! And whenever there is some special occasion or a long weekend I like to bake for my family, and when they dig into the cake and eat it with a smile on their face… Every effort that goes into making the cake is worth it!!
Ever since my marriage I haven’t gotten around to baking much… So as there was a long weekend coming, with festivals in between… I thought of baking this delectable cake.
Carrot cakes are not very popular in India… But I have always loved its flavours… I chose to make a carrot cake cause I wanted to share the recipe with you guys for the coming Easter weekend.
Bake this easy spiced Eggless Carrot Cake and I’m sure your family & friends will love it!
Eggless Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
for the cake
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp curd
How to make it
- Add the curd to the milk and mix well.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and both the sugars.
- Add 1 tbsp of milk and whisk again. Repeat 3 times.
- Seive together all dry ingredients and add to the butter mix.
- Add the remaining milk and carrot and fold carefully… Do not over-mix!!
- Grease and line an 8 inch round pan. And pour in the mix.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°F for 40-45 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool and then demold onto a wire rack.
- Once it is completely cool. Slice it into 2 halves.
- Fill with the cream cheese frosting.
- Put the second half on top, and ice with the remaining frosting.
- If you wish, colour some frosting a bright orange and pipe small carrots.
- Allow it to chill for 1/2 hour before serving.
Tip: it tastes great when you warm it for 15 seconds in the micro!