Its that perfect tangy-spicy veggi with the most soft and buttery bread one can get! PAV BHAAJI makes for a great snack as well as a stand alone meal! At my place its generally served either at lunch or for dinner!
I don’t remember that when was the first time that I tasted Pav Bhaaji! But what I remember is I instantly fell in love with this gorgeous dish! Its packed with a million flavours, is super rich in taste and the butter… (Salivating while writing😜) is just heavenly!!
Make this and I’m sure everyone will love it!
- 2 cups vegetables (cauliflower, beans, peas & carrots)- chopped, boiled and mashed coarsely
- 2/3 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup diced capsicum
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 200 ml (ready made) tomato puree or 1 1/2 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 4-5 tsp Pav Bhaaji masala ( buy any good brand masala from the grocery store)
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies(sliced) to garnish
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 150 gm butter
How to make it
- In a skillet heat the oil along with 50gm butter. Drop in the onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add the (ready made)tomato puree and sauté for another 2 minutes. If using tomatoes then sauté till the oil separates.
- Add in the capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt and Pav Bhaaji masala and sauté for a minute.
- Drop in all the vegetables along with a cup of water, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and give it a quick stir and mash the vegetables a little with the help of a vegetable mash.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and the green chillies.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter and some butter toasted Pavs ( bread).